I am using an old 950 Cat loader moving some snow and the bucket tilt lever just stuck in the up position. It kills the engine. I am guessing that it ate some steel braid from inside one of the hoses. Where can I get manuals for this thing on line? If anyone has a easier idea to get the lever unstuck I would sure like to know about it. Don't look forward to taking the valve body apart.
May not be as bad as you think, there are detents that hold the levers in certain positions like raise and tilt back so some of the repetetive functions can have a sort of automated feature, you could have one of these stuck and hence the lever is jammed in the raise pos. Still requires a bit of surgery to fix but better than wire coming off internally from say a hose and finding it,s way there because who knows which hose it came off and where it has been and damaged other things like the valve spool bores etc.
There are usually quite a few service and parts manuals for the 950 listed on ebay. Looks as though you're going to be taking a trip into the hyd tank to pull the tilt detent valve as a starting point.
Thanks for the input. I will check ebay. Surely will be some internal surgery and hope it's not a hose failure. It will be a while before I can get to it. Will post what I find. Oly