Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mystery Moxy ADT – any ideas on model?

Gavin Phillips ยท 2008-08-05 14:30

Just snapped this one today. Its been a while since I saw a Moxy truck so it was a little surprising. Its job description seems to involve moving lumps of broken concrete from a Hitachi EX455 excavator to the pile prior to crushing. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/balacau/Sony DSLR-A350 example pics/DSC01614.jpg On the same site however, there is another mystery machine. A Fiat-Hitachi excavator this time. Three carrier rollers on the tracks brings me to believe this is an FH400 or perhaps the FH450 machine. The FH-series didn't seem to get any larger than the 40/45ton class. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/balacau/Sony DSLR-A350 example pics/DSC01572.jpg Love those crushers, shame I didn't manage to capture the dust coming off it! Any feedback is always appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1oakland2008-08-05 14:48

    the moxy to me looks like an MT27

  2. #2Rockbreaker2008-08-06 13:45

    Looks like a 5200 or 5220 Was made before the MT30 model in the 80`s i do belive

  3. #3Gavin Phillips2008-08-06 15:32

    Hmmmmmm having seen the machine today operating alongside the original version of the Volvo A25 25ton ADT (single body tipping cylinder), I'm more inclined to think its an MT27, due to the body design and the cab styling. 25ton trucks in the ADT category seem to be the most popular size around here for some reason. No contact yet from J.P. Plant Hire from where this machine came from. I am hoping they might have a list or something which could help in this ID business. Which reminds me, I should do the same for the unidentified Fiat-Hitachi excavator. Thanks for all the replies

  4. #4Micky Denne2008-09-26 15:25

    moxy hi all i think the Moxy could be a 6227 fitted with a Scania D9 engine,

  5. #5Gavin Phillips2008-09-26 15:31

    According to Moxy, its most likely a 6227S...