I'm trying to figure out what thread is on some fuel lines. They are in a 92 F-800 with the 7.8 L New Holland "Brazilian" diesel. The brass fitting OD is 1/2 inch, the ID is 3/8. It is not regular compression, not NPT, and not AN ORB. It is not a normal flair fitting. It has a slight flair, and inside the fitting that is like a compression nut is a substantial rubber gromet around the fuel line that does the sealing, much thicker than an O ring. Thanks, picture attached;
BSPP?
I have seen my fair share of those and the only thing I can come up with is it is a Ford New Holland thing.
I’ve tried to find a SAE standard for that style of fitting, with no luck. I think it’s proprietary. Ford isn’t the only OEM to have used it.
That's a old as hell cummins idea, used at low pressure fuel and coolant lines to compressor.
Now that is interesting! Those "Brazilian" Cummins have the same exact setup for a camshaft driven PTO off of the back of the engine as the Ford / New Holland tractor engines. with the exact same bolt pattern. You think Cummins and Ford / NH might have been tied together at some point?
If it's vehicles or equipment they all drink at the same tavern.
John Deere runs the same thing. any deere stealership will have parts
I think case uses those too on the injector return lines.
Looks like a brass adapter is screwed into the filter (which looks like O-ring something normal), can you replace everything to a known standard ?
He doesn’t need to replace it with anything different. Every deere power tech engine on planet earth has those rubber seals and they can be replaced for pennies.
I don't know what it's called, but that fuel line fitting is old as machinery itself, used for years by many manufacturers and still used by Deere. Any Deere dealer can provide the lathe cut seal for those fittings.
Parker Vibra-Lok. > https://ph.parker.com/us/en/product/compression-style-fittings-vibra-lok/60vl-6
On regular flared fittings, sometimes the flair will crack from the vibration. On that type the grommet will absorb the vibration. For the last 60 or 80 years they have worked fine unless somebody has crossthreaded it
Any Case New Holland dealer should be able to get those. They used that style on a lot of their fuel systems.
I see them on International dt466 fuel lines. It's an Olive Compression Fitting. The rubber grommet is called an Olive.
Vibra-Lok Fittings Selection Page | Parker Selection of Parker Vibra-Lok Fittings. Links to related resources. www.mfcp.com
Hence the reason Cummins used it in 1935--vibration.
Hell, IH even used them on the 6.9idi fuel lines in my F350.
Like I said, those fittings have been used by many manufacturers for years, they work fine, no sense changing to different fittings and lines, just get new seals and you're all fixed up.
With a new grommet, when you tighten the nut, there should be a small gap between the nut and the fitting unless it has been over tightened too many times and collapsed the tube.
Thanks for the replies. The reason I wanted to figure out about the fittings is the primer bulb on the fuel filter base is leaking and I'm having trouble finding a good replacement. I was looking at a Racore unit that should work, but it has NPT threads on it, so I've been looking to find NPT adapters to the fitting in question. I think the Parker links posted may have it, thanks again. If anyone has ever successfully rebuilt the primer one of these filter bases, please let me know, that would be even better. I've seen some replacement filter bases on a New Holland site for farm equipment, but they mount differently than the truck.