Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

n00b hose-guy needs help plumbing quick-hitch

wolfgang ยท 2009-12-08 06:56

Where is the best place to take a pressure feed from for the solenoid that controls the hitch operation? Is T-ing off the main feed for the boom ram a good idea? Also the return line to the tank - where the hell do I plumb it? On the excavator I'm working on (Kobelco SK80, new) I can see where the tank is, I just can't see any lines or spare ports above the tank I can T into, nor can I see a drain manifold. Where should I be looking? thanks guys

Replies3
  1. #1dirthog2009-12-08 09:10

    first thing you will need to know which style of coupler you have low pressure or hi pressure the low we tap into the plug on the pilot pump the high on to the main pump circut

  2. #2ben46a2009-12-08 12:42

    Yeah if its a High pressure i usually just tee into the pressure tap on one of the pumps and return through a fitting in the hyd tank bulkhead.

  3. #3wolfgang2009-12-08 13:23

    It's high pressure