Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Name this seat

farmerlund · 2019-04-03 13:32

Can anyone identify this seat? It’s on my D8H, but it’s not a caterpillar seat. I need new cushions for it. The cushions just push into place and are held in by the round rubber rings. Thanks

Replies20
  1. #1farmerlund2019-04-04 21:15

    come on!!! you guys are professionals. someone must recognize this seat.

  2. #2wornout wrench2019-04-04 21:34

    Grammer KAB ??? No tags or anything on the old seat at all?

  3. #3DB22019-04-04 22:18

    Can we see the top side of the cushions?

  4. #4old-iron-habit2019-04-04 22:22

    John Hahn can make you a complete set of original Cat seats. He does a super job with all new components.

  5. #5crane operator2019-04-04 23:06

    Harvey. I think I'll name it Harvey. No, maybe Eli. Fred, Ted? Maybe Elmer. Nah, I'm sticking with Harvey. Your seat is now Harvey. It is properly named, now leave everyone alone and quit picking on them, its just a cheap aftermarket seat from Northern Equipment. It looks uncomfortable as all get out. Steal one off your neighbors bass boat and don't park it by his fence row where he can see it and steal it back.

  6. #6petepilot2019-04-04 23:17

    I coulda sworn I sent our old worn out telehandler seat to the scrapyard

  7. #7Mother Deuce2019-04-05 04:03

    D8H is old enough to be getting to "street rod cool" status. A person could go down to the branded dealer near you and purchase the seating group for your D8H... for just a little less than the cost of another Stearman.

  8. #8crane operator2019-04-05 08:02

    My buddy would name it after his girlfriend, cause she's always on his ***.

  9. #9farmerlund2019-04-05 10:51

    Someone should move this thread to the comic section. I have the correct cushions for the factory seat. I ordered not realizeing that mine was not original ( 5 point deduction at the dozer show for non original parts) So I can get the right seat frame from Cat $350. But that’s 2 full tanks of gas for the Stearman. That’s a lot of flying fun. lol ✈️✈️

  10. #10farmerlund2019-04-05 13:59

    Here is the top. I thought the C shaped logo was Cats. But it’s not.

  11. #11CatRen2019-04-05 15:37

    cat logo from 1967 8Y4208-Seat-Back-Cushion found this but i think it's for a D11

  12. #12DMiller2019-04-05 15:38

    Kind of reminds me of some older Wheel Loader seats like back in the 60's 70's era, that embossed C is the Old CAT logo. Most likely as obsolete as can make it.

  13. #13Mother Deuce2019-04-05 17:16

    Yeah, I would like to score a couple of the old "Block C" stickers it is my favorite Cat mark.

  14. #14farmerlund2019-04-05 18:01

    Today I did some calling around and the parts guy did say there was a 2nd original seat group. But is no longer available. Not even through cat classic parts. Must be that one.

  15. #15mitch5042019-04-06 12:20

    Once again, we think alike! (Not sure about the great minds part, though.) My first thought was fred or George. Oh, and I have those $30 folding boat seats from Walmart on several things, they are surprisingly comfortable.

  16. #16John C.2019-04-07 11:04

    I like to pick women's names for things I'm going to sit on. Maybe Matilda, Norma or Claudia.

  17. #17Mother Deuce2019-04-07 14:19

    All very “sturdy” names with resilience and character!

  18. #18gary8082019-04-08 17:32

    Surplus center has universal seats priced pretty decent. Their stock changes from time to time.

  19. #19TD242019-04-08 18:34

    Check with the Wise Company, Memphis TN. Website pics/specs sould get you close, then call and talk to them. All good quality for the 14 years I did business with them.

  20. #20farmerlund2019-04-11 13:03

    Ended up ordering one from Wise seat co. $300 shipped to me. Nice people to deal with and the seats look like good quality. The way this tread is going could name it "wise crack". LOL Thanks, TD24