Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nationa boom truck mounted crane truck replacement

Boo ยท 2016-11-23 13:35

I am somewhat new to the hydraulic boom truck world and have bought an older model National 600 series crane complete. I am going to replace the older truck with a newer one and my question is, will the hydraulic front outriggers lift the crane/outrigger/torsion box high enough in one piece to drive the truck out from under it with the rear end lifted by a forklift or chain hoist. Or would the sections need to be unbolted and remounted individually?

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2016-11-23 18:39

    You should be able to block under the jacks and lift high enough to drive out, with something lifting the rear.

  2. #2CM19952016-11-23 18:59

    Welcome to the Forums Boo. We've got some very knowledgeable crane ops and mechanics here.:thumbsup

  3. #3Hank R2016-11-23 22:21

    Do not know about National but I seen a guy in town extend the boom out the back on timbers then use the out riggers cut U-bolts and drive out this was several years ago.