Hello to the forum I recently got a freightliner FL 80 with a National 400 series crane I been messing with it some of the functions were not working the smart box near the controls was disconnected I was able to find the key thing for emergency operation and got all the functions to work but this is my first one like this it was leaking bad from the bleeder valve that sits right above the boom winch hydraulic motor I took it out and cleaned and put back now it actually Is shooting out like a pressure washer... is there a internal issue with the hydraulic winch drive motor causing excessive fluid pressure ? I have been going over everything I can think of and tryin to search on here its hard to fid info .. I disconnected the batterys, the anti 2 block appears to be ok every function works with the smart box unplugged and having the jumper key thing in ? any help is most appreciated thank you in advance
As far as the winch, it sounds like the brake is leaking oil into the gearbox and purging through the bleeder. I'm sorry but can't help with your electrical issues.
Im with FWF on this. Either your brake seals are leaking oil or your winch hydraulic motor is pushing oil by the shaft seal into the gear case....or both. A pic of this would be nice. Not sure if this is some type of emergency over-ride or part of a LMI system. A pic of this would be nice also if it is a separate part from you "key thingy".