I have a National 800D w/100' 4 section boom and a two stage telescopic cylinder. Rebuilding cylinder from the winch mount opening. Pulled the cylinder part way out and cannot find a way to get to packings. No gland nut or visible lock ring or any snap ringss. Anyone see this style of cylinder? Any help appreciated. Darrell
I've never been able to repair a telescope cylinder without pulling boom sections, but I've never worked on a 800 D either. Post some pictures of what you've got and I'll try to help if I can.
CO that's what I thought also "and we pull a lot of booms apart to rebuild cylinders" but last year on our Lorain MC30h the telescope went to pouring after looking at it we pulled it out the back slicker than all get out.
I think some of the old grove tm's you could get at the tele. by pulling the winch out of the way. Is that lorain one of the ones with the winch down under the boom and just lower head sheaves? I've been around 1 of those and thought it was goofy. The way the jib reeved the cable on was really strange if I remember right.
Ah you got me laughing now but yep that's it, tough as nails, banana outriggers, we use it around the yard and out on the farm.
Oh and upper and lower troits
And don't forget the backseat in the lower for your dog
Did you ever get the cylinder rebuilt without pulling the entire boom apart?