Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

navy fire truck

jdevlin ยท 2013-09-04 00:48

I bought a retired fire truck for my local fire dept. It started its life out as a navy fire truck. it is an 1965 international 1700 4x4. I was hoping someone could help me with finding info on this truck. the brake system works off a vacuum assist, which I understand. The clutch is a different story, it has a hydraulic clutch that works off air pressure. thank you.

Replies8
  1. #1Oxbow2013-09-04 01:46

    Welcome to the forum jdevlin! I can't help you with your clutch question, but that's a cool old cornbinder.

  2. #2truckdoctor2013-09-04 07:59

    I think I have some manuals that may cover that truck. What problems are you having?

  3. #3jdevlin2013-09-04 09:54

    Need to bleed the clutch. There is master cylinder on the fire wall. Hose to an air valve assembly and than a hose to the clutch housing. Not sure how to bleed. Thanks

  4. #4glenlunberg2013-10-15 21:29

    Do you have a bigger picture of this truck?

  5. #5jdevlin2013-10-17 12:47

    Hope this one is bigger.

  6. #6Old Doug2013-10-19 19:47

    It dosent have a air valve on the bed to run the clutch when your not in the cab?

  7. #7jdevlin2013-10-20 09:15

    I will check. Thanks

  8. #8mitch5042013-10-20 10:58

    Yeah, I forgot about those. You have to have one if it has a Barton-American pump, and might have if it doesn't.