Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Neat video of a tower crain going down

Tinkerer ยท 2021-03-27 21:40

The job was done ! https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GoodNearAcornbarnacle-mobile.mp4

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2021-03-28 12:06

    Those are big in europe. They are really similar to the self erecting mobile tower cranes, basically mounted on a allterrain carrier. Pretty specialized, and I'm sure they are great when everything works the way its supposed too. In the tight confines of europe/ UK, they really shine for rooftop HVAC, trusses, etc. You aren't going to lift 40,000 with it though.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2021-03-28 21:35

    First one I have seen that folded up on a mobile carrier. Looks like one of the climbing cab models that can be operated from any height. Interesting that it sets at the top when the machine folds up.

  3. #3crane operator2021-03-28 23:22

    Spierings is the main name I've heard of, and I think there's a couple other manufacturers