Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

an expensive oops

The Peej · 2021-04-06 12:32
Replies12
  1. #1Coaldust2021-04-06 17:04

    Eleven Foot Eight wins again. Thanks for the update.

  2. #2skyking12021-04-06 20:22

    That hoist drum is on there pretty sturdy-like

  3. #3CM19952021-04-06 21:09

    12'-4".

  4. #4hvy 1ton2021-04-06 21:22

    I like 11'8"+8"

  5. #5lantraxco2021-04-07 01:02

    Yeah, the railroad raised it a bit, used to be 11'8", lol

  6. #6DMiller2021-04-07 06:13

    When are these idiots gonna learn to READ THE SIGNS and KNOW your machine Height?

  7. #7Tags2021-04-07 07:30

    Not only that, but how about you slow down a little bit before you go under it anyway, just in case…

  8. #8Crummy2021-04-07 08:28
  9. #9hvy 1ton2021-04-07 19:29

    Yep. Used to catch a box truck a month. It's on a much more stringent diet since it was raised above 12'.

  10. #10catman132021-04-07 23:36

    it was getting high aluminum-cholesterol

  11. #11Randy882021-08-26 08:21

    I had the opposite problem, the sign was wrong for the posted height, the county poured a layer of concrete over the old concrete and then never updated the sign to show the lower overall height. I crawled up to the overpass and things didn't look right, so trusty grade rod in hand, I got out and measured it, sure enough, 8 inches lower than the posted height and I was then too tall to make it under. In the meantime plenty of commuters came along and I was blocking the road and it took the police to route traffic so I could back the mile up and out to avoid hitting the overpass. I usually try to drive the route empty I'm going to take loaded so I can measure things when nobody is around and I'm not blocking anything later on, that time I didn't do that. The only signs I somewhat trust are those posted on the interstate, all the rest, especially those done by the county I try to measure especially after road work has been done recently.

  12. #12Natman2021-08-28 10:24

    One of three ways to get to the west side of my town is a short underpass under some tracks, posted at 2" ABOVE my height. I have yet to try it......, call me a sissy i don't care. I love/hate that YouTube channel with the killer bridge, better them than me.