Found a Komatsu D30S-15 crawler loader sitting on a lot, I assume for sale. I have searched for specs on this machine with no success. Does anyone know anything about these machines? Weight, Horsepower? Are parts available? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks, Tim
Tim ,I would say it would be a manual transmission. It would be similar to the D31 , i guess in power and weight . this is a spec for a D31 , to give you a rough idea . I think they were a 1970s model machine . http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specifi...ctor&make=Komatsu&model=D31P-18&modelid=90955
Thanks ianoz, I think it is older than that and smaller. I will go by and take a picture of later this morning and post it. So far the only spec I have seen was the weight of 10,000 and that was on a Uship bid. The D31 is a 71 hp machine weighing a little over 14k (richiespecs). I also just looked up the D20 which is a 40 hp machine weighing just over 8k. (also richiespecs) Tim
Here are a couple of pictures of the loader in question.
With the Japanese writing on it ,here in Australia it would be classed as a "Grey Import machine " I would be getting the information off the data plate , and then talking to a Komatsu dealer .The Cars and machines built for the Japanese home market generally are different to export machines. This means parts are difficult to find . If forum member Jiminoz is about ,he may have a better idea on parts availability .
The only data plate I could find was the plate with the model and serial number on it
As I said , I would talk to Komatsu spare parts guy ,and see if they can support you with parts for that machine going by the serial Number .What I was told Home market machines have a "used by date "Once they get to a certain age ,they are no longer allowed to be used .So does not make sense to build parts Made to last for a machine with a limited lifespan . Your machine may be old enough to predate this policy . There is a thread in Dozers section that may be helpful .Section for komatsu d20,21 and similar grey market dozers
Thanks ianoz, I'll check it out Tim
Hey, I found a machine for sale that I think is like the one you were talking about in this thread, did you ever buy it or learn anything else about it? I realize this thread is old but I can't find anything on the internet about these things