Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need 4 Wheel Drive Shift Lever and Linkage for Case 580e

chuppy ยท 2022-05-12 12:44

Recently bought Case 580e with 4 wheel drive and 4 & 1 loader. Four wheel drive shift lever and linkage to pin that goes in and out of transfer case are missing.Have to get under machine and pull pin in or out to shift from 2 to 4 wheel drive. Pain in the neck. Any thoughts on source of parts or any other way of fixing situation?

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-05-12 21:08

    There are quite a few salvage yards on-line that may/most likely have it.

  2. #2chuppy2022-05-12 23:32

    Tinkerer: Can you give me a few examples of salvage yards most likely to have such parts for a 1987 Case 580e. This is all fairly new to me. I live in southeast Virginia, though I don't know if thats an important factor if we are talking about on-line dealers. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

  3. #3heymccall2022-05-13 00:33

    Using Google, I typed "dismantling 580e backhoe". First hit goes here https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/dismantled-machines/case/580e/construction-equipment

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-05-13 07:33

    Do search for---> Case backhoe parts for sale. You will see quite few of them. Farmland Tractor in Eugene ,Oregon is one I had good luck with. There is a big salvage yard in Wolf Lake,Il. Click on this link. ---> https://sewlparts.com/