Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need 955l moved any recommendations

RWGARLAND ยท 2014-04-05 08:26

The track loader is located in Huntley IL. I need it shipped to farmington, mo. Approx 6.5 hour trip. If you know anyone that could pickup and transport. Would be great Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1DMiller2014-04-05 08:57

    First I would check with the local excavator operations/rock suppliers in your area, most of these guys have the equipment and will charge a loaded per mile rate. That is what I did for moving my Allis three years ago. A second choice would be a tractor sales company, they too will have equipment to haul this, pick one local to yourself as the costs from a outside area source may not take your local check or have variables as to payment options. Was that the unit on Craigslist with the 4/1?

  2. #2RWGARLAND2014-04-05 09:34

    It was on Craig's list but it has a regular bucket . Thanks for the reply

  3. #31466IH2014-04-05 09:39

    Did you see the 951c IH tandem and trailer in Rolla. I brought it home last weekend and came home through Farmington I could have dropped it off for ya lol. I may be able to haul it for you next weekend if I have my truck and trailer back together by then I will send a pm with my number if you want to give me a call Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  4. #4AllDodge2014-04-05 15:19

    If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it. I bought my 955L several years ago for 10K, put another 3 to 4K in it and getting close to selling it. Edit: BTW you will need a low boy to haul it, but you probably know that

  5. #51466IH2014-04-05 15:33

    What does one of those weigh Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  6. #6AllDodge2014-04-05 15:39

    32,000 give or take, more give then take usually

  7. #7RWGARLAND2014-04-05 15:49

    8500.00 was the price we paid. Had to wheel and deal alittle. He originally listed it for 10500. The under carriage was redone hours on the machine was approx 4000?

  8. #8AllDodge2014-04-05 17:08

    Thanks, I paid 10K for mine years ago and have put several K in since. Plan to sell it maybe this year and plan to get 10K back, figure break even sort of that way

  9. #9DMiller2014-04-05 18:48

    I paid scrap price for two Allis crawlers, will end up with one working unit but with a few spares that are hard to locate. After all is said and done I will have saved myself the money it would have cost to have a excavator come to my site, do the projects on their time line that I want done not to mine and to their schedule of quality not necessarily of mine. I have time, the prowess of being a old mechanic with tools to do the work so repairing a machine is only parts and my time, the time of use and the project schedule I decide upon are strictly mine and the final quality choice also mine. If I break even after I am done with the machine and sell it off I have at least learned another trade skill, saved a few dollars and managed to stay busy for my old age while having some fun doing so. Enjoy the new to you 955L, should be a lot of fun!!