Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a door for my T300

tacotory ยท 2009-08-08 23:54

I need some help finding a door for a T300 I just bought. It has the enclosed cab, but the door is missing. I am hoping to either find a salvage yard that has a door, or find a private party that is selling one. I found a guy in Georgia (I am in Oregon) that has the door frame for $150, but I would need to get it shipped out, find and install glass and find/ install a wiper assembly. At the end of the day, this may be the cheapest option since the dealer wants ~$1000 for a new one. Any ideas for sites or publications where I may be able to find a complete door? Thanks in advance for the help.

Replies3
  1. #1Iron Horse2009-08-09 04:56

    I think from memory the glass in those things is curved , if it is , you havn't much hope of getting a bit of glass to fit the frame .

  2. #2tacotory2009-08-10 10:38

    Correct. I am assuming I'll have to get the glass from the dealer.

  3. #3Iron Horse2009-08-10 17:52

    The alternative would be to buy the available frame and get a piece of Lexan cut to fit . The Lexan will curve to suit the profile of the frame with the added advantage of being impact resistant . I would not fit a wiper though , the fine scratches the wiper will leave on the surface would be difficult to see through against the evening sun .