Hi i recently purchased an old john deere 690d. I am using it to vibrate pilings in some times i need to use 35 '-45 ' piles and I can not get on top of them till I get them in the ground a ways. I am looking to getting a bigger stick or boom. I was wondering if another model may fit. Such as a newer JD 200 or hitachi machine. I imagine finding a used one will be much cheaper than having one fabricated. I was also wondering if there is some type of contraption that would attach to the bucket pins and could be used essentially as another arm getting me another 8' in height?i
Hey ns8814, found this on the web while looking at pictures, don't know what they cost but sure are cool. If you look through the pictures, they have a '' third stick'' option that looks kind of like what you described. I think its on a 370 deere? I found them when I was looking at extenda-sticks for my mini-ex. Hope it helps! http://www.pwce.com/
Good day ns8814 Try this it may be what you are looking for http://www.powerquip.co.kr Kind regards Uffex
If you move the boom cyl attaching point to under the boom instead of through the middle would it gain you enough? I've seen it done on a few machines and we had a Hitachi 220 like that. Your 690D is kind of a different creature. I'm fairly certain that the boom and stick were exclusive to that machine so it would mean some fabricating to get any other model to work. How much weight are you lifting? Possible to pin on a jib boom to the BKT pins or a coupler?