Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a little more help Case 90XT (hydraulics)

Bobcat Crazy · 2020-02-17 21:40

Hi All, I finally got her going ! Man that was a long drawn out rebuild but it was just when I had spare time. The engine runs great and everything seems to work as it should except the speed of the hydraulics. It seems to have plenty of hydraulic power but the bucket goes up and tilts very slow. The bucket drops plenty fast (which I realize gravity Helps in that direction) the tilt is very slow in both ways. On the handles there are buttons. A red button and a black button on the left handle, and only one black button on the right handle. The labels are worn off of these so I am not sure what they do. I think the red and the black ones on the left handle lock and unlock the brakes, I can't tell that the one button on the right handle does anything at this point. I don't know if the hydraulics are supposed to have two speeds and I have a solenoid that is not working or if it is some other issue. So I have three main questions. 1. can anyone confirm what these buttons are supposed to do? 2. Is there a link where I could read an ops manual online which would give me this information? 3. Any ideas on what to look for to get the hydraulics working at the right speed?

Replies16
  1. #1alrman2020-02-18 01:01

    Below are the different lever set ups for the 90XT. The hydraulics will have only one speed - "2 speed" usually relates to transmission - travel speed. RE the hydraulics you will need to test the main relief pressure to begin with - 2950 to 3050 psi at 2000rpm

  2. #2Bobcat Crazy2020-03-10 20:43

    Alrman, you always come through with the help that is needed. Thanks again for your help!

  3. #3steve wherley2020-03-14 10:57

    Check and make sure ax hydraulics is not on! I know 1845c will act that way with ax hyd locked on.

  4. #4Bobcat Crazy2020-03-14 18:52

    Thanks, Steve for your reply. Now try not to laugh at my next question about this, I don't have a book with this thing. So if I push the butterfly pedal in the very front of the cab floorboard, (I guess that is what it is called), either way, it puts a strain on the engine so I know it is on. Is there a way to turn off the Aux Hydraulics or is it considered off when the butterfly pedal is in the center?

  5. #562oliver2020-03-14 19:46

    Yes, that is the "off" position

  6. #6Bobcat Crazy2020-03-14 20:02

    Okay, I have to look for something else then. Thanks

  7. #7Bobcat Crazy2020-03-14 20:05

    I didn't know if it had a different button or control which switched it on and off like my Bobcat.

  8. #8Bobcat Crazy2020-03-22 16:02

    Hey Guys, I hope everyone is doing well with all of the craziness out there these days. I was told yesterday that my 90xt is supposed to run 10w-40 motor oil in the hydraulics. Can any of you confirm that? I am running a high-grade hydraulic oil in the system. Could that be what is causing the slow and jumpy bucket lift and tilt? Thanks, B-Crazy

  9. #9suladas2020-03-22 16:51

    As far as I can remember it's suppose to be 10w30 oil with anti-foaming additive. I don't know if hydraulic oil would cause those problems, I doubt it.

  10. #10joestewart2020-03-22 17:27

    Bobcat Crazy, A fellow HEF member sent me the manuals for the 90XT. They are on my google site and you can view them, download them or print them for free. Go to the following link. The 90XT manual is the first one on the list. https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals

  11. #11KSSS2020-03-22 19:44

    It is 10-30 not 10-40.

  12. #12Bobcat Crazy2020-03-22 20:54

    Thanks again Guys for the help. If I ever totally finish this Case I am sticking with the Bobcats from now on. I am very hardheaded but even I think I have actually learned my lesson this time! B-Crazy

  13. #13Bobcat Crazy2020-03-22 20:56

    It is hard to beat help like this! Thanks, Joe!

  14. #14Ecase2024-11-01 23:42

    Hey all, Trying to see if my doing something wrong. I just got a case 90xt, I’m used to Bobcat. The pedal on the floor for the hydraulics, only works to the right, nothing happens when you push it to the left. Is this the direction of the attachment like an auger? Or is this the on off and the direction is another place? Thanks

  15. #1562oliver2024-11-02 06:32

    I have that same machine, I use the pedal both ways to open and close my grapple bucket. It is cable actuated, maybe it's out of adjustment or seized up?

  16. #16Ecase2024-11-03 09:20

    Thanks, I traced the line to the actuator and it was loose and not pushing in. Tightened up and seems to be working decent now.