Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a new boom cylinder for an old machine: Insley 875

pjflyer ยท 2023-05-17 10:33

My boom cylinder on the Insley has failed. I've repacked it without luck, I think it might be beyond repair. It's a 5 1/2" bore 48" stroke. I was thinking of trying a salvage yard, but it's been a while since I've had to find parts and haven't had any luck yet. Anybody have any info on new or used cylinders? Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #11693TA2023-05-17 10:40

    Bailey Hydraulics will make a new one easily. Bailey Intl. - Hydraulic Cylinders, Valves, Pumps and Components. Over 40 Years of Experience. For over 40 years Bailey International has been a leader in the mobile hydraulics industry, offering the highest quality hydraulic cylinders, pumps, valves and components. www.baileyhydraulics.com

  2. #2pjflyer2023-05-18 09:12

    Thanks, I'll look them up.

  3. #31693TA2023-05-18 09:15

    These guys are very good also: Hydraulic Equipment | Hydraulic Service Sarco Hydraulics and Equipment, Inc. provides top quality hydraulic service as well as hydraulic equipment in Central Illinois. Get in touch with us today! www.sarcohyd.com

  4. #4reckawayl2025-05-08 20:43

    I have a 875 but unable to find the seal kit information, do you still have the info from whey you repacked yours

  5. #5pjflyer2025-05-09 09:58

    I don't think the manual helped. I ended up measuring the seals and ordering from HydraPak out of Utah. I tried twice to repack it. I don't know if the cylinder or piston were too wore or if it was something else, but it didn't work. I found a cylinder from a surplus company that worked. I'm not sure I saved the measurements.

  6. #6Tones2025-05-09 17:00

    Sometimes the cylinder needs to be honed for the same reasons an engine cylinder needs to be honed. If it wasn't done previously then have a look at getting that done.