Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a support About CAT320D Engine Overload

shahin sn ยท 2025-02-25 14:37

Cat 320DL serial number: CAT320DKFNA00181 My problem is that the engine is overloading and black smoke is coming out during any implement operation. The engine RPM drops from 1700 to 900. I have done PRV Power shift calibration and checked it is fine. And NFC pressure normaly when start engine 500 psi to 600 psi when I'm operate any implement (Boom, Arm, bucket, Chain) it drops to zero psi and when I release the operating lever it goes back to 500psi to 600psi. If I bypass the battery source to Flow Limit Solenoid Valve and input 12VDC then the engine is not overloading and no black smoke is coming out but all the implements work very slow. Please if anyone knows please show me the right way

Replies4
  1. #1LACHAU2025-02-26 01:15

    Good day, I suggest you first check the engine: Air Filter, Fuel filter, fuel pipe etc...

  2. #2shahin sn2025-02-26 04:49

    Dear Sir Thank you for your reply. I have checked all over engine. Change all filter and fuel pump.

  3. #3LACHAU2025-02-27 00:13

    From your post, I assume you are a repair technician, not an operator. So what are the values of the engine's compression pressure and blow-by pressure? How is the operating of turbocharger?

  4. #4shahin sn2025-02-27 00:45

    Dear Sir. Thank you for your cooperation. Yes I'm an engineer I'm working with heavy equipment automotive and hydraulic issues. I will inform you after check the compression pressure and blow-by pressure. Thank you