Do any of you have a swing cylinder for a 1970's model Ford 755 backhoe? I have a 1973 Ford 4500 tractor with a 755 backhoe and I just snapped off the end of one of the two swing cylinders where the swing chain attaches. Part number shows D5NN-B579D, however, I think that they are no longer made, so I'll need to buy a cylinder used. Do any of you have one? Regards, Steve
Find your local hydraulic shop and have it made would probably be your easiest route
Thx Tyler. I just took it to a hydraulic shop to see what they can do. That's why the picture of the hoe shows the right cylinder missing. I am waiting for a quote, but I am expecting way too high.
Whatever conditions that made it snap, such as worn bushings, pins, trashed stops, are still present and will probably bust the replacement. Just sayin’. Welcome to the HEF! Hello. What do you farm on Eola Hill, down there in the Oregon Territory? Perhaps the electric lettuce? I hear that’s all the rage.
That should be an easy rod to make.
I'm noticing lately that getting stuff machined from scratch is cheaper and faster than getting OEM. That's not counting downtime either.
What does the busted cylinder look like? might be fixable.
If I remember right, it's just a rod with a regular step and threaded stud turned on one end for the piston. The other end has a flat ground on one side and the end of the rod is split to form a clevis for a piece of leaf chain to fit in.
I just let 4 of these cylinders go to scrap in usable condition this summer.
Yeah, maybe it could be welded by a competent welder.