:waving Hi! Probie,here. Need a water pump for a Yale L51C. there's no data plate, can't find a serial number, it's got an F163 engine in it and the pulley/spacer is 6+" long. It's a propane lift. nice little machine, even with all the niggling little issues. Anyone know of an aftermarket distributor on Long Island, in New York? Google was no help,here. Also, it appears the pulley is pressed on, is that correct? I'm really in the dark on this one. :confused
Welcome to HEF H82typ, I moved your post to a new thread, I hope someone has an answer for you.
Thanks! :beerchug
pertronix makes a pointless high energy distributor upgrade for the little continental flathead engines. Very popular with pipeline welders still running old SA-200's
Nothing wrong with the ignition system on this unit; thanks though, I'll keep that in mind - just in case.
Are you not able to get a water pump from a Yale distributor?
Oh sorry i must have been tired when i read your post and in my brain changed niggling to ignition.
Why won't the water pump for the Lincoln SA200 not work for you? Perhaps the shaft length is different but it would be worth a try. I bought a replacement water pump for my SA200 for about $150. It has the F163 engine. Readily available on the online auction or from Stumpf welding or Bill's Welding supply (see below). Another option would be to send your old one in to be rebuilt, if the housing is still good. Or, if you are good with a press, perhaps you could buy a kit and rebuild it yourself. http://www.billswelderrepair.com/parts-page.html http://stumpfweldingsupplies.com/NEW_200Parts.html
Quote: Also, it appears the pulley is pressed on, is that correct? I'm really in the dark on this one. :confused When I bought the water pump for my F163, the new pump came with no pulley. I had to use a press and some plate steel (to use as backing) to remove the old cast iron pulley. Then I had to press that old pulley onto the new pump. This requires removal of the backing plate on the new pump so you can support the shaft while pressing. I'm an amateur when it comes to hydraulic presses, but was able to do it. Good luck.
Is you pump leaking, noisy, or about to come off the engine? Reason is if you cannnot run it, pull the pump. It is a Contineltal part. Will have numbers on it. If not worn wobbly, you can get a rebuild kit from Continental. Meanwhile, scrape around the right hand side of the trucks frame for a serial number. With it, a Yale man can come up with a rebuilt pump for it.
@TD24:Weep hole on the bottom of the pump is leaking out almost as fast as I can pour it in. Never even thought of Continental! :Banghead @Willie59: Local yale guy tells me numbers stamped on right side "AH114507" are not enough numbers for a serial number; they also tell me that the pump isn't available through them. These guys are amatuers, Hyster bought out the local Yale store, and they can't be bothered with a Yale machine this old, apparently. @Dualie: No problem, man I've done the same thing on mobile phone forums! @ Joestewart: not sure a welder w/p _wouldn't_ work. Ive got a couple of local welding outfits local, maybe they can help, thanks! I'm pretty much a virgin when it comes to forklifts and such, so I'm feeling my way along. The mast is also leaking like a sieve, after my buddy called someone in to repack it. It leaked the next day. Charged my buddy $1500 to do the job, plus flatbedding it to his shop and back(another $600). Came back to repack it again, he used some new seals and some old. It leaked after two days. Called him up to tell him it's leaking again and he told me there's nothing else he can do. "Something must be cutting the seal", he says. (lawyers will be involved at a later date) So... now I've got two major issues with this machine, that isn't even mine. Not that I mind, the guy that owns it is a really good friend of mine - and I really hate that he got ****ed like this.
Gentlemen, thanks for all your insights and assistance. The owner of this machine has decided to junk it. Bummer. Bye!