Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need AC Tractor help

Tiny ยท 2010-08-28 17:15

I'll start at the beginning,Son borrowed the Neighbors tractor. If failed to start so he and another neighbor decided to pull start it.......... Umm I watched in horror as that poor Tractor hit 30 miles an hr and with me screaming stop ,He dumped the clutch BANG!!! the cast iron and oil blew everywhere soooo ,Where do you find AC transmissions?? so far all I know is it's a 190.Not even sure where to look for the S/N . .

Replies11
  1. #1grandpa2010-08-28 19:37

    http://www.kuglersalvage.com/

  2. #2willie592010-08-28 20:14

    Geeez Tiny, I hate that happened upon ya. Hope you find a way to get it fixed up.

  3. #3Cat Wrench2010-08-28 20:18

    Tiny, I don't remember the name but just north of the teepee intersection at Lawrence (24-40) there is a tractor salvage with a bunch of old tractors. The guy are very reasonable on there prices.

  4. #4mitch5042010-08-28 20:57

    Here ya go Tiny, They are in SC, Abilene KS, Ia, and Ca. I've dealt with the SC branch and they are good. http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/about.html

  5. #5Tiny2010-08-28 21:05

    at least Rear housing ain't broke (that i can see atm)

  6. #6Tiny2010-08-29 20:21

    Thanks for the links. This will be my 1 st time wrenching on orange paint so any insight you might have is needed and WANTED .

  7. #7td25c2010-08-29 22:06

    Here is another place to try Tiny.Blesch Brothers equipment in Holland IN. They started out in the late 1930's as an allis-chalmers dealer.They dont thow anything away,they keep allot of older A/C equipment on the back lot,very good people to work with.You may find its more cost effective to buy a whole 190 running or not to fix your nieghbors 190.Good luck Tiny. http://www.bleschbros.com

  8. #8Deerehauler2010-09-09 00:23

    There is one of those sitting in a salvage yard in Maxwell, NE at Miller Salvage.

  9. #9pbean2010-09-10 20:57

    probly too late now but your not suppose to pull start a 190 something to do with hydraulic controled transmission but there are alot of 190s around at least on the east coast if you dont have any luck around your area reply back i can give you some numbers for some dealers in pa good luck

  10. #10pbean2010-09-10 21:01

    I believe serial number should be on the side of transmison up by the motor we have one i will double check that

  11. #11hvy 1ton2010-09-10 21:52

    Shuck Implement? Haven't been in there since i was kid, no red stuff needing parts. Didn't know they did salvage stuff.