Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need advice!

johan12 · 2017-02-14 02:09

Hi all, I got a job in a construction company and I’ll be joining next week. For the job, I am in need of safety shirt because they don’t provide it and we have to arrange it ourselves. I searched online for such shirts and happened to find this one https://shop.***/products/pioneer-6...d-loop-reflective-arm-patch-ministry-standard , But I’m not sure about this. Are there any other types. Is the cost of the shirt too high?

Replies4
  1. #1Planedriver2017-02-14 08:51

    I would talk to the person who hired me and/or an employee to ask where the best place to buy the required shirts is. They may have a local supplier who offers a discount to your new companies employees. If not the guys on the job will know who has the best deal. Beyond that, buy a few extra and keep one in your vehicle if you can afford it.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2017-02-14 11:18

    I've never heard of such a thing.. if its required, they should furnish it.. JMHO If you cant afford a bunch of shirts, just buy a HI-VIZ vest.. that way you can just wear it over your street clothes and you wont look like a dork when you leave the jobsite..

  3. #3old-iron-habit2017-02-14 11:25

    Not sure where you are in Canada, but when I was consulting on a project in Moose Jawl, SAS about 5 years ago high visibility suspenders met all the legal requirements. Nice thing about them is that they were cool and could also be worn over heavy clothes.

  4. #4Bls repair2017-03-02 09:58

    X2 on the vest