Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Rock Picker Attachment for CAT 299D2 HXP

IdahoFishRancher ยท 2017-03-05 21:54

Hello everyone, I purchased a new CAT 299D2 High flow skid steer this winter and am thinking about purchasing a rock picker attachment for it. Anyone have an opinion on what's the best manufacturer and/or model? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1RTSmith2017-03-08 09:37

    What exactly is a rock picker? Like a Rockhound, or different?

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-04-28 07:54

    If you are looking for a front mount one you don't have many options. If you want a really good one look for the trailer style. You can pull it with your John Deere 4720. I have used the trailer style and they are fast and can carry a decent amount of rocks before it needs dumping.

  3. #3Canadian_digger2017-05-07 07:30

    I have cat one and it's broke more times than I can remember. The chains are not strong enough and snap. I also had two of the bars that support the chains also break. Seen one of the Bobcat it had 3 chains where my cat only has two. We do run it through some tougher soil and we probably should. It does do a really nice job and leaves a nice finished product

  4. #4DMiller2017-05-12 09:06

    Second on the trailer style. Co-worker rented one for his pasturage and loved it so much he bought it intending on using it everywhere he can. He got a Rite Way but there are others similar.