Hi. I'm currently a heavy diesel equipment apprentice I was wondering if you can suggest a few books that I can read to improve my knowledge.. particularly In hydraulics, electro hydraulics as well as troubleshooting all these systems. I mostly work on Cat dozers, graders and rollers
John Deere sells books called "Fundamentals of Service" for Hydraulics, Electrical, and I am not sure what else. I have 2 of them from 1995 that the info is still relevant. Buy them from a trades College is my suggestion. Lots of info on You Tube that can help give you ideas how to do things, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Simon C
Was going to recommend the same books as Simon. I found them used online. Should be able to find some online in PDF form as well.
Don't be an i know, I know guy. Obviously you have to pick the good information out. Just because someone is a mechanic. Doesn't mean they are a good one. If you're lucky you csn work with good ones . Im not a mechanic but as an operator Ill help anyone that asks but if you act like you know everything you're on your own.
Do you work for a dealer? General contractor, or?
Let's Talk About Oil Hydraulics A collection of articles devoted to Industrial Oil Hydraulics www.insanehydraulics.com
Early on in my career I signed up for an electronics technician's course at the local college. Sadly after the summer break the two instructors retired and moved on so the course was no longer offered so I only made it through 5 of 12 modules However what I learned has served me well the past 40 years.
Hydraulic Systems for Mobile Equipment: Dell, Timothy W.: 9781637761267: Amazon.com: Books Hydraulic Systems for Mobile Equipment [Dell, Timothy W.] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Hydraulic Systems for Mobile Equipment a.co “Hydraulic Systems for Mobile Equipment” by Timothy Dell. yes the price is steep, because it’s worth it. https://www.aeswave.com/ShopBook-Fundamental-Electrical-Troubleshooting-p8752.html “Fundamentals of Electrical Troubleshooting” by Dan Sullivan Hydraulics Expand your understanding of industrial hydraulics with our innovative online training. Explore simulations, interactive lessons, videos, puzzles, and more. Free to start, with affordable membership plans for individuals, schools, and companies. www.lunchboxsessions.com Lunchbox Sessions- an interactive website for learning hydraulics and electrical. If you work for a dealer they should be sending you to good classes. If you work for a contractor then ask to be sent to dealer classes. Don’t squander your class time like Many do. I appreciate a student who asks questions and seeks to learn. I can’t stand the lazy ******** who sit on their phone, learn nothing, and occupy a seat that a worthwhile student could have taken. If you develop even a basic understanding of hydraulics and electrical you will be ahead of 75% of mechanics.
I'm at a medium sized company that hires out equipment. My journeyman is currently far out of town so I've been holding down the fort with the machines that are working nearby
Thanks a lot.. I'll look into it
That’s a great text. I was one of the reviewers for Goodheart-Willcox when Tim wrote that.
Our Think Big program changed to it after it was published(unfortunately after I graduated). Our program director worked with Dr. Dell as well before coming to our school.