Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 4045 pistons/liners

maineplower ยท 2026-02-08 15:23

I need to replace the pistons and liners in my Deere 4045 motor. Should I use Deere own or aftermarket. If aftermarket which brand would you recommend? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1maineplower2026-02-08 15:28

    I meant to write Deere oem

  2. #2Simon C2026-02-08 15:34

    Buy once cry once is how it was explained to me. If you will not do any hours in next 10 years then go cheap, if you want reliability pay accordingly,. Simon C

  3. #3ozarkag2026-02-08 15:49

    Think about it this way. Say the total cost of the overhaul is $10,000. Now aftermarket parts may be $1,000 and OE parts are $2,000. That is half price, or is it? the $1,000 savings is only 10% of your total cost. Up to to decide if that is worth it. That being said, we use nearly all aftermarket parts with the brand of choice being Maxiforce. More for convenience than anything. I can easily spend hours piecing parts together, or 10 minutes to order a comprehensive kit from Maxiforce. You do tend to learn what works and what doesn't, for example on that tractor I personally would use Maxiforce sleeves etc, but an OEM headgasket. Also, some older "OEM" seals etc show up in Reliance packaging. YMMV