Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need advice on used wheel loader up to 40k.

loaderlips ยท 2011-10-01 07:53

hello to all . just joined as I have no idea on what Im looking for.heres the deal. I run a salvage yard (junkyard) for automotive parts . our old cat machine from the 70s is near dead. need a wheel loader to handle the duties of picking up crashed cars and moving them around. what are some good workhorse units to look for in the 40k or less price range ? volvo,case,cat,komatsu? the one we have now I think is a 720a or something like that. any advise would be greatly appreciated. this is a big purchase . glad there are forums like this .thankx

Replies1
  1. #1oldseabee2011-10-01 08:13

    Look at condition more then year model. Talk to people in the construction, quarry, and lumber/pulp mills about local dealers for parts and service. Keep to older models with less electronics, age is one of the biggest enemies of electronics. Consider front end log loaders, they have forks with upper clamp arm for safety reasons, you don't want to drop a car on somebodies head.