Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need advice on what kinds of oil for Bobcat

Muzbomb ยท 2015-12-29 23:58

Hey guys as I said before i am new to the whole skid steer stuff. I am wanting to know if i can use Esso Mobil oil products for my machine? I have a 2000 Bobcat 773G turbo. I want to try and run Esso Mobil oils as i get them free from work. I wondering if i can use for they following: 1-Hydraulics - Mobil Univis 22 or HVI 13 2-Chain case- Mobil Spartan EP all season gear oil 3-Engine oil- Mobil Delvac EPS 0W40 Would these oils be ok to run in my bobcat?

Replies5
  1. #1Muzbomb2015-12-31 13:34

    No body have a comment or Info? Those above are some of the oils I can get. Also I can get not sure if really any good to me but can get -Mobil trans AST 20 -Mobil Delvac 1230 ( SAE 30 ) -Mobil Delvac 1240 SAE 40 ) Mobil gear oil 75W90 That is kind of a list I can get from work to pick from what you guys think any of them work for my hydraulics and chain case? I have already made up my mind that I am going to use Mobil Delvac EPS 0W40 as we run it in all our equipment on the rig here and our rig runs 24hrs/7days a week and we have never hand any issues. We do oil sampling at work and get 3000hrs easy out of our engine and tranny(Mobil trans AST 20). I live in Canada so we get very cold temps and I use it for clearing snow. So to be honest with you I hardly use my machine. In the last 2 months I have put on 2hrs. I just want to put fresh oil in everything now which happens to be Mobil oils I get for free.

  2. #2crewchief8882015-12-31 21:06

    hyd system and chaincase use the same type of oil. no reason to use gear old in the chaincase.... :drinkup

  3. #3Muzbomb2016-01-01 06:32

    Ok sounds great crew. So what do you guys think about the Mobil AST extra 20 oil? I am thinking I want to run it in my hyd and chaincases. Here is a link on it. http://www.mobil.com/Canada-English/Lubes/PDS/IOCAENCVLMOMobiltrans_AST_Series.aspx

  4. #4crewchief8882016-01-01 17:20

    i dont see any mention of it being used for hydrostatic drives, only hyd and final drives.. :drinkup

  5. #5Muzbomb2016-01-01 23:07

    Well I have made the mind up I am going to go with the Univis 22 for my hyd and chain case. See how that works if no go then I will drain and go with something else after all the oil is free. I hardly use my machine to be honest have put on 2hrs very easy hrs in the last 3 months http://www.mobil.com/Singapore-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENINDMOUnivis_N.aspx