Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with removing bolts on aux gear pump

Muzbomb ยท 2015-12-29 11:43

Hey guys I am new to this forum and to owning a skid steer. I have a 2000 bobcat 773G turbo. I have a leak coming from my auxiliary gear pump and where it bolts to the tandem pump. I believe it is just the O ring there. My biggest problem is trying to get that rear bolt off of the gear pump. Is there a easy way or special way to get at it?? I was at it for 4hours yesterday and I cant seem to get it. I can just get a wrench on it but when I do I cant get it to break free. Any help would be great!!!

Replies4
  1. #1DIYDAVE2015-12-29 20:29

    Welcome to HEF. Sometimes you have to bend or grind a wrench, to fit certain situations. Pop a few pictures, and someone here might be familiar with what you are going through...

  2. #202Dmax2015-12-29 20:33

    Muzbomb I use a 3/4 wrench that I heated up and bent into a curve to do that job. Sometimes you have to get a pry bar under the wrench and pry up to get those bolts loose. usually once you get them busted loose though they'll turn out with just your fingers.

  3. #3Muzbomb2015-12-30 00:01

    Right on thanks guys I got it off today ended up getting it from the top with a small stubby 14mm wrench. Very slow and painful but it is off!!! Thanks all I can see me becoming a hardcore forum member here!!!!

  4. #4kshansen2015-12-30 07:03

    Don't tell the safety guys, but in some cases I had to resort to using a short wrench to get on a bolt then hook a small chain jack to the wrench to get the power needed to break it loose.