Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need advice with new Business

TCG ยท 2012-04-08 19:02

Hey guys I'm teaming up with a road building company to start a sewer+water company. The plan is to be two separate companys that work together, they have the equipment I have the know how. Just trying to get the best way to go about this with the equipment since they own it. Should I rent from them by the month,day,hour? The thing is being a new company I wont have work for everyday to start with but between jobs I can work with them they just pay the wage. Has anybody done this or have any pro's/con's? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Smokejohnson2012-04-09 21:17

    Sorry guys for not giving any info on myself still new at the forum thing. I've been in the excavating biz for about 16 years mostly sewer and water in Manitoba. Was at one company for 10 years before it was bought by a developer and that's when this other venture started. The owners of the company that I am teaming up with are also developers. So this adds another question, How do I charge for doing there own work with equipment that they own? Thanks hope I don't sound like to much of a newbie.

  2. #2TCG2012-04-09 21:27

    I diden't know I was registered here under Smoke I tried but could not get in. Now thats a newbie if I ever saw one. Me and computers just don't get along.

  3. #3lonkinggroup2012-06-17 23:32

    Hahaha, just be more patient. Actually computers are easier to get along with than people.