Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need cab for D5H

JDR62 ยท 2010-11-14 09:10

I need to put a factory cab on my D5H, the bee's this past summer just about killed me while clearing land, the nest landed on the hood and they were mad. So if anyone knows of one around please get me some info. Thanks Jeff

Replies7
  1. #1_Rod2010-11-14 09:36

    Jeff, Would this work ? http://cgi.ebay.com/Caterpillar-D4H...744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaf6de618 It's not a factory cab but I suspect trying to put a factory cab on a non-factory dozer would be a major undertaking. I have a Komatsu D31 and when looking at the parts manual, many of the parts, you wouldn't even think about, are different between the factory cab models & the the non-cab models. You would almost need to have a complete donor dozer with cab to use.

  2. #2Taylortractornu2010-11-14 19:38

    Since we wont get a new dozer at work we are buying an after market cab with AC and a filter and Pressurization. Heres the link to Kenco . http://www.kencomfg.com/ THey have some great aftermarket parts. We have a ordered some roller frame guards and expected they would be high and that they like some products would take a little fitting. These were cheaper and fell into place with every hole a perfect fit. We are about to order a set of side panels for the D5 to we bent ours last week when the compactor was down. We called Cat and a cab was 18 000, plus air was 4200 and the Pressureiation was another 4 000. The Kenco unit will be about 11000 in all. Its a complete set on unit on the D5. Take off our rops and they drop right on.

  3. #3LonestarCobra2010-11-15 19:05

    I second the Kenco. I have installed a few on D6H and D6R,s. They are not as nice as a Cat cab, and make working under the floor a little harder, but it is probably the best bet on this. :my2c

  4. #4JDR622010-11-19 08:15

    I was hoping to find a salvage machine were i could get the whole cab & parts needed , I really want to kept it a factory cab. Thanks Jeff

  5. #5AmerIndependent2010-11-19 11:29

    What's your machine serial #? I may be able to locate something for you.

  6. #6Galute2010-11-19 13:24

    Bee's. Ouch! I know that feeling. Good luck with the cab search.

  7. #7EZ TRBO2010-11-20 22:38

    http://www.jjscheckel.com/ give them a call, down not too far from you just south of DBQ. Pretty good guys to deal with. Trbo