Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need electrical expert help D4G LGP

rockbottom ยท 2024-11-14 11:55

just got a d4g The hour meter runs all the time, 24 hrs a day. It only stops if I turn off all power with the battery disconnect key if I disconnect the connector to the alternator the hour meter continues to run with the engine and key switch both off the machine has a new 2 month old Cat alternator Nige sent me the electrical schematic it shows the 409 green wire on the side of the connector closest to the battery terminal amine the green wire is opposite of the battery connection the oil psi gauge is not showing psi but it seems to be a separate issue I would like to confirm the correct hours on the dozer and reset the

Replies2
  1. #1rockbottom2024-11-14 12:02

    Connector orientation for 409 green wire

  2. #2Nige2024-11-14 16:29

    Solved....... It turns out that someone had installed a replacement hour meter at some point and had swapped the Batt+ and alternator R wires around. 105-RD was connected to Pin 3 and 403-GN to Pin 1 instead of the other way around.