Cat D6T Serial Number MH700745 Blade and ripper controls randomly stops working, seems to get worse as the day goes on in the morning works great and by late afternoon controls cut in and out a lot. Looking for an electrical diagram for the blade control Lever and the ripper control lever to see how they are connected through a ground or current since they are two different controls.
I'll send you an electrical schematic but I think you really need to be looking to see if the system is setting any Diagnostic Codes. The unfortunate part is that you can't access codes via the operator monitor, it has to be done using ET. I can tell you now that the two control handles share common power & ground.
It looks like the hydraulic lock solenoid valve has started to fail, but has not yet failed completely, perhaps the valve is periodically sticking. There may be a problem with the solenoid or valve wire. Pay attention to this valve if you do not have active diagnostic codes. 201-0950 VALVE GP-SOLENOID
I know the guru's on this site will work this out but....I can't help but wonder why the direct cable from control lever to control valve wasn't a far superior idea for the operation of things like this on any piece of equipment???? It's almost like these manufactures wanted to complicate things. jmho
It's just the opposite, electronic machines are easier to diagnose than mechanical ones.
Hooked up the IT to the machine found a history code for the lockout solenoid current below normal. Tried to get the machine to act up again but has not stopped working yet to check the current
How many times has the lockout solenoid error been logged?
77 times if I remember right quite a few
I am sure that this is the reason for the hydraulic failure. Check the solenoid wire for wear and the solenoid wire connector for oil.
I disagree in the case of my winch control, if the cable was to break, I know it immediately.