Currently looking at a D6C and found a spot of potential concern. Lookes like a potential final drive leak on the right side. Left Side seems OK. Also, some leakage that might be coming from the winch? Appreciate any feedback. Justin
What I'm seeing that you describe as finial drive leaks is grease from the bushing on the rear of the wishbone the other end is connected to the inside of the track frame on both sides, the leak in the center does appear to be leaking from up above between the winch and the rear of the tractor. Actually the picture on the left looks like maybe it's not taking grease, or just not being greased as well.
Thank you sir. Still learning about dozers and that definitely sets my mind more at ease. This seems like a real clean 6dc. Having my uncles friend (55 yo dozer operator his whole life) check it over for me. Then I'll probably commit to having the cat tech check it out.
Don't look like final drive leak it rarely leaks at the dead axle
That's what I have been reading. Appreciate you weighing in.