I was just gifted a Yanmar B22 (model currently unknown) from someone selling the estate of someone who passed away. There is no info on it and the previous owner who passed away never even had a chance to use it. It has 8700 hours and does run, but I want to do a full overhaul on it. Unfortunately I can't afford to take it to a real mechanic. Naturally I emailed Yanmar, but they needed me to provide them with the exact model. I'm still not sure, I just got the machine, it's very dirty and had Japanese writing everywhere. They suspected it was Grey Market until I find a plate to confirm. I pressed them to tell me what fluids an American model would take, but then they said they don't know cause they don't service them anymore..... Not sure why I dealt with a few days of back and forth regarding the model only for them to say they don't know. I've found parts catalogs online for various models. But those don't have information regarding what specific hydraulic fluids, various oils, filters, and anything else I might need. Does anyone have a service manual? Or is someone familiar with Yanmar mini-excavators confident about the fluids I should be getting? Thanks!
Welcome to HEF @Blahbittyblah Most reputable oil companies will list the oil & quantities you require & same goes for filter manufacturers. Might be a good idea to search some of your local, (reputable) suppliers. The hydraulic filters may be listed on other websites - if need be, pull the old ones & measure them up. You can also buy filters by using dimensions. https://www.castrol.com/en_au/australia/home/oil-selector.html?page=recommendedProducts&id=13681
Thanks, Alrman! This is incredibly helpful. For suppliers, are there reputable box store chains? I live in Denver and don't know where to start. I'm happy to support local businesses. I've called some suppliers for other brands of equipment and they told me they don't carry Yanmar supplies. When I call so-called (Google Maps) Yanmar suppliers in Denver I always go to random peoples voicemail. They appear to be dead ends.
Here's what Baldwin lists: https://www.baldwinfilters.com/us/e...urer=YANMAR&equipment=Excavators&engine=34004 You can cross reference those numbers at various places: https://www.finditparts.com/products/62943/baldwin-filters-b227 Carquest, NAPA, or any of the other parts stores will have the oil filter. The fuel and air filters are not as common. Rock Auto will have them, might have to search for other brands like Wix or Fram
Thanks @RocketScott ! I wasn't aware of any of this! Is there any website like this for fluids? Calling around everyone is saying they aren't sure what type of fluids this Yanmar takes.