Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

need HD extreme bucket for my Mustang MTL 25 same as Tak 150 or Gehl CTL80

Toreq ยท 2012-08-07 09:20

I use this track skidsteer very hard. I move a lot of dirt with it, but the hardest thing on my bucket is taking out trees. Most of the trees I take out are 4"-12" in diameter. I do a lot of pushing or pounding to get the bigger trees down. Sometimes instead of pushing the trees out, I angle my bucket and cut them off between my teeth. I lost one of my weld on teeth a long time ago, so I can fit a pretty good size tree between the teeth. My Construction 4 bucket has served me well, but I folded it up yesterday. I'm looking for something heavier. From my searches, it appears that Berlon might be the choice. I would like your opinion of what you think will work best for me. And BTW, would a serrated edge still cut trees well? Would I be happy with the serated edge while working in really tough loading dirt, or should I stick with weld on teeth. I like the idea of another bolt on edge to strengthen the front of the bucket. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Replies5
  1. #1xcmark2012-08-08 18:47

    http://www.constructionattachments.com/products/gp_bucket_lowprofile_130hp.html check out the severe extream duty bucket out , well built and strong.

  2. #2jca57jd2012-08-17 09:03

    Hey toreq, Xcmark is on the right track with construction attachment buckets! I have owned one of there buckets for 18 years and it is still in good shape! I have one that is 6 years old now on my bobcat t190 and it has about 1000 hard hours of clearing (trees) and grading. These are with out a doubt the best buckets made in my opinion! They are a little more than other manufacturers but well worth the money with the durability and quality workmanship you get. Look at how much they weigh compared to others and you will quickly see why they are unbeatable. Now I'm sure you have a dealer in your area but I'm fortunate enough to leave in the state there manufactures in. I have been to there plant and I'm extremely satisfied with there work quality, materials, standards and warranty! Check out the severe extreme duty on this link. http://www.constructionattachments.com/products/multi_purpose_bucket_severe_lowpro.html I would get the 80" or 85" for your mustang Mtl 25. That would be an awsome combo!! My next machine will be a tak 150 or 250! Good luck!

  3. #3jca57jd2012-08-17 09:08

    Ow and one more thing..... I belive that they were designed for the Takeuchi machines because alot of other buckets were breaking at the quick attach weld on points because of the industry leading bucket breakout force that the takeuchi (mustang, gehl ctl) produce! Just figured I'd let you know that.

  4. #4xcmark2012-08-18 09:03

    construction attachments added a lot of braces that tie in the top of the quick mount to the top rolled edge of the bucket so the load is spread out over a wide area. Loader arms will be a breaking point before these buckets fail. they ship any where in the USA via common carrier trucks , I got mine in 4 days from time of order (about 2500 miles away). Shipping If I recall was part of the cost $1340 direct from them for a 84"

  5. #5Toreq2012-08-19 18:39

    Thanks for the reply guys, but that's the bucket that I tore up. I ordered a Berlon, I hope I didn't make a mistake. I bought some heavier artillery last week. I bought a JD 755 series II, that has 700 hours on it. Man, the tree's shake when they see me comin. 180 HP and 50,000 lbs makes things happen a little faster.