Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help diagnosing problem with accuator on 864 bobcat

Mavrickxxx ยท 2010-06-09 15:11

There is a problem with tilt accuator. As soon as I start machine the bucket tilts up n is under constant load I just had an electric shop replace brushes in it. Cause it was doing same before I am wondering if it could be problem with the spool before I tear it apart

Replies5
  1. #1mrfixitpaul2010-06-10 08:39

    try swapping the actuators from lift and tilt and see if the problem moves to the other function or stays where it was.

  2. #2Mavrickxxx2010-06-10 08:50

    I tried like he'll to get that other accuator out n it did not wanna come out. I can try agin tommrow. It wouldn't let out enough for me to drive the pin that holds it to spool n I couldn't get an angle to drive it out.

  3. #3Part sman2010-06-10 21:30

    Sound like a hell of a time your having. Do you have any codes now. Actuators should move smoothly to access cross pins.

  4. #4Mavrickxxx2010-06-11 07:36

    I was getting 32-31 32-34 32-35 none at same time. They r all calbration codeson tilt accuator. The accuator seems to be wrking fine n responsive to hand control. With it pluged in n not hooked to spool.

  5. #5Mavrickxxx2010-06-11 12:46

    Well I got them swaped n tilt wrked so for some reason the accuator isn't wrking right