After waiting since february llast week my new 450 showed up..so far so good lots of power..i guess it was worth the wait ...
Nice, isn't that a track model? I'm not sure I'll ever own a newer machine, but maybe some day. What are you going to use it for mainly?
Congrats. The 450 is a fine machine. I really like how fast that machine is, great cycle times and its big and heavy enough to really move material.
Awesome, the 450 is a tough machine.
Not to high jack a post but ksss, do the bigger case's skids run anything like the smaller ones?? We rented a 420 a couple of weeks ago and was just a plain machine to me. I went into it with an open mind wanting to to be a good machine based on yours and a few others comments. Had good power and the machine was tight but that was it. It seemed like it needed more weight. Had that ol 1830 feel to it?
I have not owned anything smaller than a 440/70XT since the late 90's (1840's then). So I cant really say. The larger machines I find very productive and durable. The 420 specs almost identical to an 1845C only with more power (at least in the Series 3 version). If you get a chance to run a larger one tell us what you think.
I think Case kept the smaller skids "18xx like" on purpose. They were so popular Case wanted a newer machine for people to get into that liked that style. Most people that I know that have 420/430 were once 18 series owners. Run a 440 and up and there a diffrent machine IMO.
I've pretty much ran a 440 size machine for the last five years and talked to my Case Service guys about the smaller skids(410 and 420), they were not sure I would like them as they thought the smaller skids would feel to 'underpowered' compared to the 440. I think they said the 410 is very close to the dimensions of a 1840. The Series 3 machines do have more power. Something scary is the 440S3 weights 7,040 with 83 net horse and the 420S3 weights 6,605 with 69 net horse and from what I've researched the dimensions are very close if not the same. I would like to try a 420 out to see how it compares.
Well if thats the CASE, It sounds like they are pretty heavy to begin with. I have always want to run a 95xt before they went to the newer style. I know how no matter how much you try a smaller skid is just that, a small skid.. I would like to run one of the 450ct and 465 to compare to the Ct332 and 332. I know if a case machine run as good as it looks it would be hard to beat. Always like'd em.:IMO
any one have a service manual for a case 1830
An excavation guy i know runs a case skid steer and he says the big advantage to them is that they allow other companies to manufacture aftermarket parts for them. That way you save $$$ on parts when repairs come your way.