Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help Finding…

celticcrusader ยท 2009-06-14 21:01

I am working on a 1946 I-H KS-6 1 1/2-2ton chassis. Rear brake wheel cly.'s the truck has wagner hi-tork brakes , in my 30yrs as a truck mechanic I have never seen these. I called Wagner Brake Tech Line they told me W/C's have been obslete for 40yrs. so I am looking for someone who has some or knows where to get some. thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2009-06-14 21:36

    Celtic, check out www.ATHS.org . They publish a bi-monthly magazine that has lots of advertisements for restoration help and a lengthy classified section. Once you sign up as a member, you are given a password to navigate the website, they may have a forum section there by now. I was a member but have let my membership lapse just because I've been too busy to renew. IMO, the membership is worth the classified section alone.

  2. #2Muffler Bearing2009-06-18 10:45

    I would just try honing the bore and putting in new rubber cups, they are pretty generic, and available at auto parts stores. What is in that smaller bore? is that for the park brake?

  3. #3celticcrusader2009-06-18 15:07

    they are pitted beyond honing. the small cyl is NOT park brake but works with big part of cyl to accuate brakes there is a special rubber cup and piston in there. I located a shop in long island NYC NY that will resleeve them and rebuild them.

  4. #4Muffler Bearing2009-06-20 22:35

    That's lucky, yeah those look pretty special, good luck with that, it's pretty sweet to keep those old trucks on the road.