Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help finding a tool

roberth58 ยท 2012-01-28 20:08

I just had to replace the spacer between the loader arms on a 655C Ford and ran into a problem. I need to find the pliers to install the split rings Ford uses. They look like a thick washer with a piece missing, unlike regular clips there are no holes on the ends to insert pliers. Anyone point me in the right direction. thanks Bob

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2012-01-28 20:32

    I believe you are needing snap ring pliers - should be available from any good tool shop.

  2. #2willie592012-01-28 20:52

    What I was thinking alrman, I got a pair of these Snap On pliers, dang good pliers for beveled snap rings. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...&group_ID=3578&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

  3. #3roberth582012-01-28 22:09

    Thanks, that pic looks exactly like what I need. Bob

  4. #4willie592012-01-28 22:34

    Glad me and alrman were able to help ya Bob. You can purchase these type of pliers from Sears, but if you want a better tool for the job, I'd chase down a Snap On truck and buy some. There plier spreads farther, and they have a dimple in the end to set the point of the snap ring and hold on to it.