Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help identifying dozer

Motech90 ยท 2016-01-31 18:46

The man I bought my land from is a large farmer . He has a large dozer on his land that needs the injection pump replaced . The man that took it off passed away so itS been sitting for two years . The model number on side I cannot find anywhere online trying to find pertinent information for repairs etc. I have never worked on a dozer but am a mechanic for a living and do a lot of diesel work so told him I would do my best . Both sides say 9774 by the cat logo . I will upload pictures if I can figure out how !

Replies8
  1. #1Old Magnet2016-01-31 19:17

    That's probably a 977H? 53Axxxx series. S/n on LH back side of transmission case and on LH rear of cylinder block. Just guessing

  2. #2Motech902016-01-31 19:23

    That must be it! I am not sure how I missed that . The dozer has a ton of concrete stuck to it and it's perfectly turning that H into a 4. Trying to figure out what engine it has. Air intake says turbo II.

  3. #3Oxbow2016-01-31 20:23

    The turbo II is an aftermarket air filter pre-cleaner I believe. I think it had a 150 horsepower D333 (Cat) engine.

  4. #4Metalman 552016-01-31 20:28

    Ritchie Wiki says the 977H has the D333 turbo engine in it.

  5. #5clintm2016-01-31 20:54

    does it have a blade or bucket on it

  6. #6Motech902016-01-31 21:18

    It has a bucket on it. I didn't realize the turbo 2 was just an aftermarket filter sorry I'm a bit clueless in this market . Need to find the procedure to put it in time to reinstall the pump imagine it's fairly simple . Is there any repair manuals that I can download onlibe? I read that it had the d333 engine too . This dozer is really rough been sitting on the farm for ages Windows been shot out by trespassers and such .

  7. #7caterpillar132016-01-31 22:23

    a picture would help to positively identify

  8. #8Motech902016-01-31 22:53

    If I knew how to load them I would I don't see any way to from my phone