Hi, Im located in Northern, NJ, I have a 1997 Fiat-Allis FX310 (Fiat-Hitachi is also another name it goes by and the last I knew NewHolland was the last big manufacturer to get parts from), I am trying to locate a used bucket cylinder for it. I have scoured the internet but since Fiat-Allis is I believe based in Italy, I can get one new thru New Holland but they're talking over somewhere around $10k with shipping for new. Im pretty sure we didn't even pay that much for the machine from an auction. I was wondering if someone could maybe point me in a direction. Huh? I have scoured a few "local" scrap yards looking for something even remotely close even if i had to customize it a bit but so far nothings turned up. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help. Smiley
Take the old cylinder to a good hydraulic shop and have it rebuilt. If not rebuildable for some reason, have the hydraulic shop build a new one to replace it. some of the old parts may be salvageable and can be used in the new one. Either option should cost way less than the price you were quoted.
Thanks, I sent it to a hydraulics shop to see about just repacking and stuff he said the barrel is scored beyond repair, and many other parts need to be rebuilt. he did say he could send it out to get rebuilt but we are looking at around $4k from his initial "top of his head" quote. I have him coming to my shop on Friday he's going to take some more exact measurements with his vernier and give me a more accurate quote.
Try American Hose & Hydraulics in Paterson, NJ, speak to the owner Kenny, he will tell you the truth.
Thank you, Ill have to check them out and see what they say. In the meantime, I am definitely going to continue a search for a used one.
Did you try machinerytrader? enter the part number in used parts search and see what comes up.
I don't have a part number but I did try to type in the Machine information and couldn't find anything
Any hits for parts I've gotten on google have been China and and somewhere in Europe. Not really cost effective
Call Crane and Tractor in Columbus Ohio, ask for Jerry.
There's this one: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...D=3&Manu=FIAT+HITACHI&Mdltxt=FX310&mdlx=exact
Thanks. I called the place posted to the machinery trader link. Waiting for a call back. If no success then I will def try that place in Ohio.
Thanks. I called the place posted to the machinery trader link. Waiting for a call back. If no success then I will def try that place in Ohio.
Just an update. I called around to most of the places and didn't have much luck. The link from machinery trader was a bit of a dead end. The guy says he might not want to sell parts so on with looking to do a full rebuild. Anyone else with suggestions would be much appreciated. I got a cylinder part number. Fiatallis 71427390. Thanks everyone for the input so far
To help find a "will fit" replacement cylinder you should have a picture of it Preferably while on the machine. A picture to post here, print out, hand out, mail out...with you phone number on it xand so they remember you. Maybe also something in the picture of a standard size, width length to give them an easy comparison perspective. ....a one gallon jug...a standard spade shovel.
That's a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have it on the machine but I can take a picture of the cylinder. Its actually disassembled because we sent it to get repack and the guy was like yea not happening. Its totally wiped out the barrel is scored beyond repair and there's a lot of other damage. I have measurements and pictures of disassembled tho
Take a picture of the machine it came of of too. Also a picture of the same machine from the internet if possible.
I thought I took a better picture today but apparently I never saved it so this is the best comparison I have. I have a couple more pictures I'm going to upload
Have you tried over on the http://www.allischalmers.com site? They get guys posting about the "newer" FA machines as well. Second idea: Measure pins, rod dia, cylinder dia, length, etc and try to find a cylinder off of a different make that would work. I'm guessing that a similar size machine would be close enough to work??? Or at least be adaptable for less $$$ than building new. Andrew
That's another option that I'm looking into. Unfortunately,many places want part numbers not dimensions. I did speak with a gentleman today who has the same machine and he said since he has the dimensions from his cylinder and can compare in person he was going to see if he could find something usable for me if possible. I have to call him back Monday morning. I also spent an hour the other day in a scrap yard going over an entire trailer of cylinders and hopping from rusty dinosaur to rusty dinosaur with a tape measure, measuring cylinders but had no luck finding one yet hopefully this phone call form this morning will pan out for me
View attachment 148352
^^^^This is an older picture of have of the machine from last year with the cylinder on it still ^^^
Not that CAT cylinders are very cheap, but have you looked on their site? They list the bore x stroke for the boom, stick & bucket cylinders. If you can find something workable, you might try salvage yards for that particular model (or even an earlier version of the same model). Not sure exactly what size your machine is, but this link is to the 311D which shows a bucket cylinder with bore=100mm, stroke=939mm. http://www.cat.com/en_AU/products/new/equipment/excavators/small-excavators/17424068.html . If you find something that works, phoning CAT with the model number MIGHT?? get you the pin sizes as well. Andrew Edit: I just noticed that was the Australian CAT site. Gotta love where Mr. Google sends you some times! I would guess that the US site lists the same info (and the cylinder sizes are likely the same anyway.)
Thank you all for the suggestions. Ive been in contact with quite a few people. Most have turned up dead-ends. Right now I'm in the process of trying to find something of similar size that I can adapt. Finding the exact bucket cylinder is unsuccessful.
To get you up and running, you should look for something that is close on bore , stroke and length . you may end up with the bucket a little slower but more power or vice versa. just find something that have same dia. pins and you're good to go . I wouldn't worry about getting indentical fit if nothing is available . hydraulic fluid don't know the difference
Thank you all again. Unfortunately, most of the ideas did not pan out for me. I'm gonna see about just selling the machine as is and put the money towards maybe a komatsu or cat.
We had a fiat excavator and it had a O&K tag on it, it was an interesting machine so I don't know if that would hep you at all.