953C Cat Trackloader Serial # 2ZN02819 13500 hours. When pushing material or cutting transmission seems to Bog down & slow down. I can go back to neutral & it regains power immediately, until pushing or cutting again. This has been a gradual problem for a year or so, but has gotten much worse recently. May push or cut 40'-50' before Bogging down, in high range or low range. Any ideas men? Hate to spend magnum money to troubleshoot, I'm a small company. Many thanks
You say it's bogging down, does the engine start slowing down or just the movement/speed?
Engine not bogging at all, just transmission slowing/bogging under a load, at medium to long distance push or cut. Started a year ago slightly , but has progressed. Transmission does not rebound unless going back to neutral.
I take it fluid levels have been checked but when was the last time the filters were change?
Are there any codes on the dash, is the warning lamp coming on when it slows down. Could be as simple as recalibrate travel lever etc. I had an issue with a 953C that would stop all the sudden, dash would flash for a few seconds then when you centered the lever in park it would go again. Turned out the engine temperature sender was bad sending a false signal that the engine was hot thus causing it to default to park. I would think your problem is along this line.
Yes sir , filters recently changed & fluids exact. No codes either. But noticed throttle has to be all the way back for it to move. If this means anything. When it was new, would move at half throttle or less? Very frustrating issue!
If you have a manual, look up how to retrieve the codes, you hold a button on the dash I forget which one. I have a feeling it has a code stored. Most 953 I have been on , C models you have to be close to high idle for it to move. Computer won't let it go with lower rpm.
I think a full calibration of your controls would go a long way for you. Your machine is meant to work only at full throttle. There is an over ride on the controls that will allow it to move around at half throttle but just move around not work. The controls are designed to slow the travel as load reduces engine speed. Try running full throttle first and if that isn't good enough calibrate all travel controls. Later Bob
Try sending a PM to CM1995. I know he has all the calibration procedures for this machine -I sent them to him....... Where I am right now I just don't have access to download the procedure again.
PM sent. Is it very time consuming/expensive for Caterpillar to do full calibration of controls?
Why call a service tech at a gazillion dollars an hour when you can do it yourself and save the money..? It isn't hard.
Understood! How do I do it myself? Any specials gauges,procedures, & how many people needed? Merry Christmas!
Send me a PM I can email you the Troubleshooting instructions, 34 pages, that include the calibration info. Need your email address.
Is it common/normal for this type of track loader to need re calibrating? Or did something cause this?
According to the manual the calibrations should be done annually to compensate for wear or if any component in the drive system has replaced or repaired.
Understood Sir. Tk you
I could also use this info if possible If it is not too much trouble I could also make good use of this info.
ok chrismatin may be the problem is in oil trasnfer pump check the pressure when the oil is at work temp, this hydrostatic transmission works whit 2 pistom pumps and 2 pistom motors the problem is hapen at the 2 tracks simultaneosly?
Hi i am mechanical engenerin i need the trouble shooting transmission of 953b cat you you can help me whyt this information my mail is [email protected]
Can I get the procedure for 953c
What's your machine Serial Number.? Also do you know how to get into the Electronic System for the powertrain and read Diagnostic Codes.? If not then ytou really need to read this thread first. In the case of the 953C the Click Box switches are built into the machine and are locate dunder the RH armrest.
Could you please send me the troubleshooting procedure? My machine is bogging in reverse badly but the motor doesn’t miss at all. Thank you!
See the post directly above yours for a start. Then read & understand the linked thread. Once you have done all that post a Serial Number and give a list of all Active Diagnostic Codes that are present on your machine. EDIT: It is NOT recommended to jump straight into attempting to calibrate the drive system unless you first fully understand how the system works. Doing otherwise is a recipe for disaster IMO.