Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help! New holland ls150

Barleyboy ยท 2023-11-06 09:48

I just bought a NH 2005 ls150 and I have some problems: 1. can't find the hydraulic fluid check level and I believe i am very low. don't want to put any as I don't want to mix oil. also how would one go about draining oil to replace as its never been done and I am at 2400 hours. 2. no auxiliary hydraulics. could this be because of the low fluid level? 3. It has a tendency when driving that the right hand toggle dosen't give much power especially when backing up. and has a slight tendency to the right when driving forward. it also creeps forward when idling. any advice would be really appreciated! really hope I can fix this. not too mechanically inclined but I want to learn how to fix machinery. don't want to ruin this sweet machine. Reply

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2023-11-06 11:39

    The oil has never been changed and its at 2400 hours? You should find an owners manual for this machine, which will tell you how to replace fluids and what type of fluid you need. The adjustments for the controls is should be easy enough to fix, but your other issues could be much more expensive. Perhaps the fluid is just low or you may have a drive motor that is going out. Sounds to me like you need to service the entire machine. If that oil hasn't been changed since new, I can only imagine what that oil must look like (sludge). This is not a great purchase, unless you got it really cheap.

  2. #2Barleyboy2023-11-06 19:11

    thank you for the reply, It has definitely had oil changes just it looks like the hydraulic oil hasn't been changed. engine oil looks normal and hydraulic isn't thick. just feel like it would be a good idea to change it out simce i don't know what they were using and feel like it's better to just have one type.