We are looking to purchase a pay loader. We dont know what brand to get, but we settled on cat, volvo,or john deere. Dont know what model to have.What we need is a bucket 4 to 5 yards. Should it have a quick tach on it, like to have forks for it too and made and differnt stlye bucket. It will be mostly take sand landen manure out of the lagoon pits that have concrete botooms. So need to have a big enough machine to handle that weight Any thoughts of what brand and size any comments much appericated! Price limit is $80,000, nothing older than 10 years old just dont want to buy any junk. Thanks!
Either brand should be fine, depending on who has the best dealer in your area. Working in wet sand and manure is a very nasty mix. I would suggest that whatever you buy have internal wet disc brakes, drums or external disc will be a constant problem due to abrasion from the wet sand and corrosion from the manure. If that material is like a slurry, I would remote mount your axle breathers up high enough to stay out of the slop. When I was at Clark Michigan and we put a machine in a very corrosive application, we had kits to replace brake lines with stainless steel. and sprayed a good dose of sylicone on the wiring expecially the plug in connectors. Corrosion in your wiring will drive you nuts. Consider remote mounting your grease fittings to blocks in the upper hinge area.
Part of my decision would be based on the dealers in your area. Which ones have parts, service available.
If you want a "PayLoader" you will have to buy an International.That is their patented brand name.I am pretty sure that the name went with the 'Hough" brand as well which was the International brand became after some time. The name was so popular that it became a generic name for all rubber tired loaders,I use it as well but technically it refers to the International loaders.I imagine that Dresser uses it also but I cannot recall ever seeing one.Ron G
sounds like your in the market for a L150(volvo) 644(deere) or a 950(cat) all these machines are in the 4-5 yard range.