Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help on Case 550e trans

bjnhunter ยท 2014-05-11 20:56

The dozer is a 95 year model. It was working fine and then it just acted like it did not want to go. Had to load it on a trailer to get to the Shop. I could hit the gas and then pull it to first gear and it will move about ten yards. I checked the filter under my feet cleaned and reinstalled it and it still will not go. I changed the transmission filter also. The filter under the seat only had about a quarter of it full with oil. Any help with this would be great. I did check fluid too. Thinking I need to check the pressure

Replies5
  1. #1bjnhunter2014-05-12 23:27

    Any other suggestions

  2. #2alrman2014-05-13 05:45

    Welcome to HEF bjnhunter! Does it feel like the brakes are on? or is it not driving? You need charge pressure to release the park brake + it is controlled electrically by a switch at the brake release lever pivot & a solenoid valve mounted on top of the transmission - under the seat.

  3. #3bjnhunter2014-05-13 14:47

    Thanks for the welcome and the reply I will have to check that out and see if that is working.

  4. #4bjnhunter2014-05-15 11:49

    Anyone interested we narrowed it down to the two shifters on the floor board the u joint at the bottom of the shifter was worn out and kept it from going in gear all the way. What is funny is I took all the panels off and belly pans and gave it a good cleaning and then wa la it started working.

  5. #5Dickjr.2014-05-15 16:12

    If that's fixed it then great , those little boogers are pretty tough. You would be surprised at the repairs done that weren't needed just because a worn linkage or ball joint etc.