Hey Folks, thanks for reading this post. I have a JCB 214-4 backhoe whose dipper stick pads are completely worn out. I've never changed these before so this has all the ingredients of a disaster. If you have any knowledge in this area, could you share it with me? We are not sure if the pads just slide out and you push the new ones in or you have to disassemble the dipper. Thoughts? Appreciate you taking the time. Thanks! Chris
Are you talking about the guides for the extenda hoe? If thats what your talking about yes, they slide in slide out.
your question is hard to understand for me. so i 'll say : No :beatsme http://www.ewtrade.ae
Yes, thank you! Much appreciated.
If I remember correctly it's not to difficult just tedious. I assume you know already but the guides are adjustable on the bottom side. Pull shims out on the bottom bolts and it pushes up tighter against the top guides.
You are absolutely right! The secret is to push out the old ones and just push back in the new ones. It takes a lot of wiggling the dipper back and forth and moving it in and out to free the old ones and pushing in the new ones. But, if you stick with it, it does happen. Thank you for your reply!