OK, so we've gotten to the point where we need some handling equipment in our business. Problem is, other than running a Bobcat a few times over the years, we've never used or owned anything considered Heavy Equipment! Here's the problem and I'm hoping to get some help here. We need to move up to 2k+ lbs. in a confined space. Our first thought was a small fork lift, but we know nothing about them. - needs to be very maneuverable, we have a 6' door and even tighter working space to deal with - used is a must, we need to keep the budget low - lift height is not major, semi bed height would be nice but not a must Some guidance please. PS- I found what seems to be a small FL locally but I can't find any info on it. It's a Toyota Model 40-3FG315
Sounds like a stand-in forklift might be the ticket. Shorter wheelbase than conventional. What surface(s) do you have to use the lift on?
Concrete exclusively. One small ramp (4" tops).
This the one you're looking at? http://www.welterstorage.com/shop/products.cfm?ProdID=456
Yes! You found it. Rats, I got dibs ;-)
LoL, naw, I'm not interested, but looks like it will fit the need you described.