Hi Guys I need help please. First of all I am looking for a maintenance and operators manual for this crane, I have one but it is in Italian(don't understand a word) and need it to be in English. Secondly I want know if anyone has a idea how to adjust the speeds on the hydraulics on this crane, my jib, up and down, is very fast as well as my outrigger movements, in or out. And I need to know where and how can I adjust it. I know some of our newer cranes you can adjust the control lever speeds through the LMI computer but it seems to me this crane does not do it that way, but maybe I am wrong. got no manual to go by. Any help will be welcomed . Regards
PM Sent. Do you want to slow down the functions? If so, the outrigger speed probably is what it is. There's built in flow controls in the outrigger manifold that are non-adjustable. By jib I assume your talking about the boom. This crane uses Can-Bus controllers that basically 'meter' pilot oil to the spools. In order to slow down the functions you'll need a laptop with CANLINK service software to adjust the I-min/I-max for a specific function. If everything is too fast and seems somewhat erratic or hard to operate smoothly, you may want to check standby pressure and see if perhaps the LS compensator has been turned up. I'm not entirely sure if any of this is different on CE machines however as we don't see those here.
Hi Sirius I accept that I would probably not be able to adjust the outrigger speeds, just took a chance by asking. Regarding the boom speed, is there no way I can enter the system maybe to adjust the boom speed values?. There is no Grove tech in 500km from us. Also I am not sure what you mean by LS compensator, what does LS stand for or does it maybe have another name? I think that could possibly be the problem, everything does go very fast and it is very difficult to control it via the joysticks, they feel very sensitive and very quick responding.
There is no way of electronically adjusting the boom speed values without the service software. I sent you some information on the crane that will hopefully help with checking your stand-by pressure if as you say, everything is very fast and hard to control. LS stand for load sense and it is the load sense signal to your pump that tells it to give more flow and go faster. If your stand by is set to low you may have slow/delayed functions. Too high will give you fast erratic functions. It should be set between 325-400 PSI.
Ive run these machines, the small cranes are realitivly fast . By the Grove manual you'll probably find that its recommended to keep the throttle pinned. Feather the controls and adjust speed with the throttle. Its a lot like playing drums ,but once you work out the sweet spots ,you can put a baby in a cradle with it. If this machine has a hydraulic motor to run the hydraulic oil cooler ,be aware this will starve another function when it cuts in, its a boodly pain on anything that requires speed and repetition . About the only thing you may be able to slow is the slew or swing speed. There maybe a small hand knob around the swing motor , I sat the last one I was on to about 3rpm on the superstructure. Not all have this. I think its an option.