Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with a Case 301BD

kefloyd1980 ยท 2010-12-01 15:43

I have a case 301bd I have torn down. Has been worked by the local machine shop to include new sleeves and cam bearings. Also have a complete rebuild kit on the way. My problem is that I have not been able to find a repair manual on this engine so I can have all of the torque specs, clearances, and timing procedures. I even have a new cam and crank going into the engine. Anyone have any information on how to acquire a repair manual for this engine? The local Case dealer has told me they were unable to. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2010-12-01 19:08

    What model and year is your dozer? The reason I ask is because you really need the operators manual. It will have all the information you need for the engine and the entire machine.

  2. #2kefloyd19802010-12-01 19:55

    It's an old (wanna say 65) Model 475 Cable Layer. All of the accessories but the blade as been removed. According to the local Case dealer, Case sold the rights to the machine to another company (unable to recall the name) so they do not have access to literature. I have found that they are not able to get several parts either.

  3. #3Tinkerer2010-12-04 06:23

    Is this what you need ? It is out of the Operators Manual for my 680C TLB.

  4. #4Tinkerer2010-12-04 10:55

    Here is page #2 . If you need more info. Let me know.

  5. #5heavylift2010-12-04 11:05

    http://www.dirtydogdocs.com/CaseManuals2-part.html maybe there a manual here

  6. #6oly2010-12-04 12:34

    gas or diesel I am not familiar with that piece of equipment. I have a case 420 gas tractor that is about a 1965. I have the manuals for it. It's a four cylinder. Can find the specs if it's close enough to do you any good.

  7. #7kefloyd19802010-12-04 17:27

    301bd Tinkerer, Seems like you may have what I need. I would love to find a place to acquire the book you have.

  8. #8Tinkerer2010-12-04 20:17

    The repair manual I copied those pages from would have all the complete engine rebuild and repair information you need. I would guess the first one hundred pages are engine related.It also includes injector pump information. The books are not cheap. Here is the web address to the same one I have. http://shop.ebay.com/sis.html?_nkw=J+I+CASE+680+CK+INDUSTRIAL+LOADER+BACKHOE+SALES+BROCHS

  9. #9Tinkerer2011-03-02 19:50

    Just curious but,it has been almost three months and we still don't know if Kefloyd got his manual. Or if he has been able to get his engine rebuild finished.